Germanwings crash: Investigator successfully extracts recordings from cockpit voice recorder
* Two US citizens on plane that crashed
* Lufthansa says Alps crash still ‘inexplicable, plane in ‘perfect conditon’
* Relatives will be brought to site ‘as soon as possible’
* German Airbus destroyed in remote area of ravines
* First black box damaged but viable
* Terror attack not seen likely
* Leaders of France, Germany, Spain to visit crash area
* Victims include German school party, opera singers
Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr, himself a pilot, observed the ceremony at the company’s main base.
He said it was “a very emotional moment, to stand there with so many colleagues in uniform”.
Mr Spohr said the company’s first priority was helping the relatives of those who died.
He added it was “inexplicable for us, how an aeroplane in good mechanical condition, with two experienced, Lufthansa-trained pilots, could encounter such a tragedy from cruising altitude”.